Blackground Records 2.0 announces the signing of Elijah Connor. Elijah Connor is a talented multi-genre singer, songwriter, and actor who is popularly known for his viral meme of the stare down with Sean “Diddy” Combs during his appearance on Season 2 of Fox’s musical competition show The Four: Battle for Stardom. Elijah Connor is the younger cousin of legendary music icon Prince.
Elijah Connor states, “What an amazing honor it is to receive Mr. Barry Hankerson’s co-sign and take my talents to Blackground Records 2.0. I grew up listening to Aaliyah who represents our beloved city of Detroit. It’s a dream come true for me because my hard work as an independent artist has paid off. I’m so honored and excited to sign with such a legendary label like Blackground, who has cultivated not only the culture of R&B music, but has left an imprint on the world as a whole.
Barry Hankerson is an amazing visionary. He and the label rolled out the red carpet for me and saw the vision, without me even having to explain. Can’t wait for the world to see what’s next because it’s happening now!”
Blackground Records 2.0 is excited about adding more talent to its roster as Elijah Connor is the second artist on the label following R&B songstress Autumn Marini. Barry Hankerson states, “We are back and I’m looking for amazing talent in all genres of music. I have been connecting with some amazing talent via the Music360 app!”
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Atlantic Records Names Lanre Gaba New Co-President, Black Music
- The Sad Story of Robert Johnson
- BEST Black Male Singers of All Time