Radio Facts: I’m not sure how many baby boomers are stuck on hearing the great disco hits of the 70s and 80s. I personally, as the last generation of baby boomers, don’t have to ever hear another old school song again. I’m just sick of that sh… (laugh). Groove 105.7 is said to play all disco and hip hop music from the 70s through today. Could disco and vintage hip hop music have a new generation of fans? Time will tell. I always say a station is only as strong as the Radio DJs. The Radio DJ is the star who sells the product. If the station hires a group of 20 year old Radio DJs for this format…they are already at a loss.
Rodney Ho at the AJC gave this example of their playlist….
“Into the Groove” by Madonna (1985)
“Shake Your Groove Thing” by Peaches & Herb (1978)
“Groove is in the Heart” by Dee-Lite (1990)
“Let’s Groove” by Earth , Wind & Fire (1981)
And the first song without the word “groove” in it: “Crazy in Love” by Beyonce (2003)
“Stayin’ Alive” by Bee Gees (1977)
“Gonna Make You Sweat” by C&C Music Factory (1990)
“I Gotta Feeling,” a well worn tune by the Black Eyed Peas heard on the Beat, Star and Q100 (2009)
“Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough” Michael Jackson (1980)
“Rock Your Body” Justin Timberlake (2003)
“Let the Music Play” Shannon (1984)
“Best of My Love” the Emotions (1977)
“Just Dance’ Lady GaGa (2008)
“When Doves Cry” Prince (1984)
“Play That Funky Music” Wild Cherry (1976)
“It Takes Two” Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock (1988)
“Party in the USA” Miley Cyrus (2009)
“We are Family” Sister Sledge (1979)
“Spring Love” Stevie B (1988) (The most obscure song they’ve played so far by far. A top 10 dance hit but not a big hit on top 40 radio)
“Who Knew” Pink (2008)
“Super Freak” Rick James (1980)”
“Genie in a Bottle” Christina Aguilera (1999)
Get more at yes.com
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video) The Black reporters were not ready for police chief Edward Flynn's response when asked why he was b...
- Racist White Woman Gets Slapped Another day another racist white woman questioning someone's place in society. This time it did not...
- ESSENCE Makes Caroline Wanga Interim CEO Amidst Controversy STATEMENT FROM ESSENCE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. ESSENCE reiterates its commitment to Black wom...
- “Krazy Karens” Karen Pulls Gun on a Black Woman (video) Karens' are out of control. This Karen pulled a gun on a black woman in front of her kids over a ca...
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews The last few days, actor Terry Crews has been criticized by several people for the following tweet...
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face Times are obviously tense right now or at least the tense times are being filmed more often. Anoth...
- D.L. Hughley Admits that he Spread COVID to his Radio Staff (video) Glad to know DL is OK but unfortunately he said he spread COVID to most of his radio staff includin...
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video) A 'Karen' went on a rampage in California and smashed a woman's car with not one but two hammers an...
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich A racist white man has his sandwich canceled for not wearing a mask in a Publix grocery store in At...
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story ...