New docuseries hailing from Brian Grazer and Ron Howard’s Imagine Documentaries to be directed by two-time Academy Award-winner Barbara Kopple
Apple TV+ has ordered “The Supermodels,” an unparalleled event docuseries that will feature exclusive access to and interviews with Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington, who will revisit their iconic modeling careers and collective disruption of the ‘90s fashion scene, which continues to reverberate today. Hailing from Imagine Documentaries, the project will be directed and executive produced by two-time Academy Award-winner Barbara Kopple (“Harlan County, USA,” “American Dream,” “Shut Up & Sing”), and executive produced by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard, along with Campbell, Crawford, Evangelista and Turlington, who have joined in an unprecedented partnership on the series.
“The Supermodels” travels back to the 1980s, when four women from different corners of the world united in New York. Already forces in their own right, the gravitas they achieved by coming together transcended the industry itself. This prestige was so unprecedented it enabled the four to supersede the brands they showcased, making the names Naomi, Cindy, Linda, and Christy, as prominent as the designers who styled them. Today, the four Supermodels remain on the frontlines of culture through activism, philanthropy, and business prowess. As the fashion industry continues to redefine itself – and women’s roles within it – this is the ultimate story of power and how four women came together to claim it, paving the way for those to follow.
The docuseries, which hails from Apple’s exclusive, first look agreement with Imagine Documentaries, will also be executive produced by Sara Bernstein, and Justin Wilkes.
“The Supermodels” will join Apple’s expanding offering of acclaimed, award-winning documentaries and docuseries, including the soon-to-premiere “Bruce Springsteen’s Letter to You”; “Billie Eilish: The World’s A Little Blurry,” directed by award-winning filmmaker R.J. Cutler; five-time Emmy Award nominated “Beastie Boys Story”; Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize Award-winning “Boys State”; Emmy Award-nominated series “Home”; and, “Dads,” a heartfelt documentary which also hails from Imagine Documentaries and is now streaming globally on Apple TV+.
- Black Man Shoots Burglar to Protect His Family (VIDEO)
- Walgreens Security Calls Police Because Black Man Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- Richard Smallwood Admits Obsession with Suicide
- Pornhub Launches “Beesexual” Campaign to Help Save Dwindling Bee Population
- Former TLC Member Crystal Jones Talks Pebbles and How She Really Left TLC
- Royce 5’9″ Announces The Ryan Montgomery Foundation to Support Wellness in Mental Health
- Wayne Brady Checks a White Woman for Wanting Him to Shut Up and Dance
- UNSUNG REVIEW: Freddie Jackson