Geffen Records has announced that Aaron “Dash” Sherrod has been named President of Urban A&R at Geffen Records. In his new role, Dash will oversee the signing and development of artists on the Geffen urban roster.
The newly created role marks a return of the veteran creative executive to the Interscope Geffen A&M family. He was previously Vice President of A&R at Interscope, joining the company in 2015. During his tenure at the label, he signed Playboi Carti, Juice WRLD, and Pierre Bourne. He most recently served as Senior Vice President of A&R at RCA Records, where he signed Nardo Wick and was Executive Producer of the original soundtrack album for the acclaimed film JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH, which won the 2021 Academy Award for Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song) for H.E.R.’s “Fight For You.”
“Over the years Dash has shown an impressive acumen at identifying, signing and developing hugely talented artists,” said John Janick, Chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M. “I’m excited to have him on the Geffen team.”
Geffen Records President Tom March commented: “Dash is an enormously talented A&R executive who brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience. I’m looking forward to working alongside him at Geffen.”
Earlier in his career, alongside such artists as 808 Mafia, DJ Toomp, Lil Bibby, G Herbo, ASAP Rocky and others, Dash worked as a composer and engineer, a video director, a manager and more, giving the executive a broad background of knowledge that has served him well as he shepherds his projects through the major label system.
“Dash is without a doubt one of the most talented, knowledgeable and creative A&R executives with whom I’ve ever worked,” said Nicole Wyskoarko, EVP and Co-Head of A&R at Interscope Geffen A&M. “His singular vision and deep relationships within the creative community will be
hugely beneficial to our artists and our Geffen team.”
“I’m happy to be back in the building where it all started, working with John, Nicole and Tom and the entire Geffen team,” said Dash. “Coming up from the Southside of Chicago, dealing with many adversities, to make it to this point is truly a blessing from God. To everyone I ever called for advice, who ever dealt with my highs and lows and helped me in my personal growth, I love you and thank you forever. This is about our legacy. I take this one personally and I can’t wait to make history with Geffen. Everybody deserves a chance to come home.”
Dash will be based at Geffen Records headquarters in Santa Monica, CA.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,