Warner Music Nashville (WMN), the Nashville-based recorded music operation of Warner Music Group (WMG), announced the appointment of Kevin Herring to Senior Vice President, Promotion, and Kristen Williams to Vice President, Promotion. Herring—who will report directly to Peter Strickland, Executive Vice President& General Manager, WMN—will oversee all radio promotion on behalf of WMG’s country divisions, which include Atlantic, Elektra, and Warner Bros. He previously served as Vice President, Promotion, and replaces Chris Stacey who is leaving the company. Williams will report to Herring.”I feel like Espo and Peter Strickland have given me the keys to the Ferrari!” said Herring. “Being able to lead the Warner Music Nashville promotion team is a true honor and privilege that I do not take lightly. I am surrounded by the most talented promotion people in the business—which includes our newly appointed Vice President of Promotion, Kristen Williams along with her counterpart, Chris Palmer —but most importantly we work with the best music and artists on the planet.””I’ve been extremely fortunate to work for Warner Music Nashville for over 10 years and to be recognized for my efforts in this way is truly an honor,” said Williams. “I’m humbled by John Esposito, Peter Strickland and Kevin Herring’s confidence in me and am extremely excited to work alongside them, as well as this exceptional staff and artist roster. 2014 is going to be an amazing year!””Kevin and Kristen are amazing promotion executives and it is beyond a pleasure to work with them,” said John Esposito, President& CEO, WMN. “The relationships they have with our artists and radio partners are unparalleled, and Warner Music Nashville is very lucky to have them and Chris Palmer at the helm of our promotion efforts.”Prior to WMN, Herring served as Vice President, Promotion, for EMI and spent 13 years as Vice President of Promotion for Disney’s Lyric Street Records. Herring is a 30-year veteran of the music industry whose previous stints also included Mercury Nashville. His career started in radio at WWWW in Detroit, MI.Williams first joined Warner Music Nashville in 2003 as Manager, Secondary Promotion. From there, she climbed the ranks to Regional Promotion Manager and, most recently, Director, National Promotion.
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show