Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Usher, eight-time Grammy winner, one of the best-selling musical artists in history and currently one of the coaches of NBC’s hit show, “The Voice,” has teamed up with Samsung Smart TV and digital agency Huge to create a digital short film inspired by the title track from his current critically acclaimed album, “LOOKING 4 MYSELF.” The film, Usher’s ‘Looking 4 Myself’ Presented by Samsung, is available via Samsung’s YouTube channel, https://www.youtube.com/samsungtelevisions .
“Our goal was to create a one-of-a-kind film that brought Usher, a global music icon, together with international technology leader Samsung, to create an artistic and extraordinary digital film experience that people will want to view and share,” said Ross Maupin, Creative Director of Huge. “By seamlessly integrating the Samsung Smart TV into the film starring Usher, we are setting a new standard in viral marketing.”
Directed by Rich Lee, the film features two Ushers facing off against each other, as “down-to-earth” Usher seeks revenge against “celebrity” Usher after fame causes the demise of his romantic relationship. The film follows the two Ushers as they battle each other in an elaborately choreographed dance routine across downtown Los Angeles. As the face-off between the two Ushers ensues, the motion-controlled Samsung Smart TV plays a role in the film’s story in a variety of innovative ways, such as when Usher’s dance moves control a variety of features of the Samsung Smart TV.
“The film’s unique concept compelled me to participate in this project, which brings to life the struggles which I sing about in ‘Looking 4 Myself,'” said Usher. “The high-quality filmmaking provided me with a brand-new way to creatively express the song’s themes.”
The Samsung Smart TV features breakthrough motion controls, which allows viewers to zoom in on images, adjust the volume, and even navigate the menu using the flick of a hand instead of a remote control. In addition, the Samsung Smart TV creates an immersive social media experience for viewers.
“We can’t think of a more compelling way to demonstrate the Samsung Smart TV technology than by integrating it into the choreography of our digital film collaboration with Usher,” said Yoon Jung Lee, Vice President of TV Global Marketing of Samsung. “This effort once again demonstrates Samsung’s commitment to developing irresistible content for our consumers that builds the Samsung brand in new and innovative ways.”
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Black Tony Scammed People Out Of Rickey Smiley Cruise Tickets! [WATCH]
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- HBCU Movement Gaining Momentum with Black Athletes