Radio Facts: Toni Braxton has got to be one strong woman. After a tumultuous singing career where she was ripped off for millions, a son diagnosed with autism, a recent divorce, IRS problems and more all happening while struggling with her fair share of medical issues””Pericarditis (heart lining inflammation), high blood pressure, heart palpitations, and a breast tumor””but she revealed the worst on Tuesday at the 8th Annual Lupus L.A. Hollywood Bag Ladies Luncheon. After receiving a Women in Achievement award, Braxton took the podium and said “Take a look, this is what lupus looks like,” revealing her hidden battle with the disease.
She seems to be well enough, having tweeted “Had a great time at the 8th Annual Hollywood Bag Ladies Luncheon…A big moment for me. It was a tough decision to come out about it. But it was such a relief!” after the event, though whenever the word Lupus comes to mind, all I can think of is the late hip-hop genius J Dilla. Not to sound morose, but hopefully she doesn't meet the same end.
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Chris Botti Returns to Charlotte To Headline Queen City Jazz Fest
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Host Opportunity for Quiet Storm Type Syndicated Show