Audacy’s “The Morning Mess” will move to B96 (WBBM-FM) in Chicago as the station’s new morning show. Beginning the week of April 4, “The Morning Mess,” featuring Joey Boy, Aneesh Ratan, Jeana Shepard and Karla Hernandez, will be heard weekdays from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. CT.
The show, which will also continue to be heard on sister station Live 101.5 (KALV-FM) in Phoenix, will originate from Chicago with popular segments like “Nachoo’s Revenge,” featuring Joey Boy’s alter ego prank calling unsuspecting listeners.
“After a long search we are thrilled to bring ‘The Morning Mess’ to Chicago,” said Rachel Williamson, Regional President and Market Manager, Audacy Chicago. “This show is a fun, energetic and close team who embrace their diverse cultures and lifestyles to bring lively and relatable entertainment to listeners every morning.”
Joey Boy joined the company in 2013 as an original co-host for “The Morning Mess” on Live 101.5. Considered the ringleader of the show, Joey Boy is never afraid to share his family life and stories on air.
Aneesh Ratan joined the company in 2015 as an original co-host on “The Morning Mess.” Ratan is an avid advocate for the LGBTQ+ community and considers himself a top-of-the-line twerker, body positive, retro gaymer.
Jeana Shepard, is a young mother of a two and three-year-old and is looking for any excuse to get out of the house. Shepard started with the company in 2014 and joined “The Morning Mess” in January 2019.
Karla Hernandez is a young and fun Mexican-American beauty queen who enjoys giving listeners a sneak peek into her dating, partying, and personal life. Hernandez joined the company in January 2018 and became part of “The Morning Mess” in January 2019.
“We are all beyond excited for this opportunity – mornings at the iconic B96,” said Joey Boy. “The mess team is the hardest working and most talented ensemble I have ever worked with, and they are my dear friends. ‘The Morning Mess’ is ready to embrace Chicago and become part of its vibrant and diverse culture; thanks to everyone at Audacy for the incredible support.”
“After many years of the same morning show choices for contemporary hit music fans, we believe Chicagoans will be excited to have a new, fresh option to wake up with and to energize their mornings,” said Greg Solk, Vice President of Programming and Operations, Audacy Chicago.
Listeners can tune in to B96 (WBBM-FM) in Chicago on air, as well as nationwide on the Audacy app and website. Fans can also connect with the station on social media via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Mother of 6 Young Girls Murdered by Finance (video)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti’s “Messy” Interview on Drink Champs (VIDEO)
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)