Episode Features Interview With Hillary Clinton
NEW YORK – February 8, 2019 – As President Trump delivers his State of the Union address and House Democrats launch oversight investigations into the executive branch, THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH returns on Sunday, February 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME. In an episode titled “The State of Our Union Is …,” co-hosts John Heilemann, Alex Wagner and Mark McKinnon go behind the scenes with new Democratic-led congressional committees, following the first clashes of a power shift. The program also follows the new, explosive details surrounding the National Enquirer and Jeff Bezos – the world's richest man, owner of the Washington Post and frequent subject of the President's ire.
During a week full of high-profile Capitol Hill drama, THE CIRCUS catches up with former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and former acting attorney general Sally Yates. The show also follows Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-California) on the eve of a House Judiciary Committee hearing featuring Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker.
In addition, THE CIRCUS spends time with Albertina and Yaquelin Contreras, a mother and daughter from Guatemala who were separated after seeking asylum at the U.S. border last year. Both attended Trump’s State of the Union address as guests of Senator Jeff Merkley (D-Oregon).
THE CIRCUS features John Heilemann, co-author of the New York Times best-sellers Game Change and Double Down and National Affairs Analyst for NBC News and MSNBC, noted campaign strategist Mark McKinnon and Alex Wagner, an Emmy®-nominated television journalist, author, national correspondent for CBS News and contributing editor at The Atlantic. THE CIRCUS is produced by Left/Right for SHOWTIME. John Heilemann, Mark McKinnon, Alex Wagner, Banks Tarver, Ken Druckerman, Ted Bourne and Tom Johnson serve as executive producers. To learn more about THE CIRCUS, go to: SHO.com and follow on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and join the conversation using #TheCircus.
SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS, and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung Smart TVs and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
# # #
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- More Details Arise Of 50 Cent’s Attack On New Jersey Rapper