Home Tags Mental Health Awareness Month
Tag: Mental Health Awareness Month
Radio Facts: YOUTUBE STAR LELE PONS OPENS UP ABOUT HER JOURNEY WITH TOURETTE SYNDROME AND OCD DURING MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH
[caption id="attachment_235301" align="alignnone" width="5616"] Hand writing text caption inspiration showing Mental Health. Business concept for Anxiety Illness Disorder written on note paper notepad on the wooden background with coffee and pen.[/caption]
The National Basketball Association (NBA) has unveiled a multitude of mental health guidelines to promote the mental wellness of its players.While it is not the first time the NBA has tackled mental health head on, it surely is by far and large, its most sweeping plan, According to Sam Amick of The Athletic, the NBA is implementing more mental health initiatives for its upcoming 2019-2020 season. A memo obtained by The Athletic outlines these initiatives and guidelines. The following is from The Athletic:
- Retain and make available to players on a voluntary basis one to two mental health professionals who are licensed in their field and locality, and with experience in assessing and treating clinical mental health issues.
- Identify a licensed psychiatrist (M.D. or D.O.) to be available to assist in managing player mental health issues.
- Enact a written action plan for mental health emergencies.
- Put in place procedures for communicating to players and team staff the team’s practices with respect to privacy and confidentiality.
- Attend a Sept. 12 ‘health and wellness meeting’ in Chicago where these matters will be discussed and analyzed even further.