ASCAP CEO John LoFrumento today announced the promotion of Sue Drew to Senior Vice President, Creative Services, Membership, reporting directly to him. Drew will be responsible for overseeing the Membership Creative Services staff in all musical genres and will also oversee the operations of the Los Angeles, New York and Nashville membership offices.Commenting on the promotion, LoFrumento said: “Sue has distinguished herself at ASCAP as a leader who truly understands the career needs of our songwriter and publisher members. She has a deep knowledge of the industry and knows how to maximize opportunities to help our members make valuable contacts and develop their craft.”Added Drew: “It is a privilege to be able to work on behalf of ASCAP's members. Every day, I have the opportunity to discover new songwriters as well as to serve the most talented creators in the industry. I look forward to expanding our work across all genres, and helping our members to take advantage of all the many services and programs ASCAP offers.”Drew has been with ASCAP since 2009 as Vice President of Membership ““ Pop/Rock, where she is responsible for signing Paul Epworth, Savan Kotecha and Priscilla Renea to ASCAP and inaugurating several innovative career development programs for ASCAP writers, including an annual songwriting camp for top writers. Prior to joining the staff of ASCAP, Drew worked in the field of A&R for over 20 years. She signed such artists as Phish, They Might Be Giants and Michelle Shocked, and A&R'd records for Barenaked Ladies, Bette Midler, Shelby Lynne, Dave Koz and Taylor Dayne, among others. She held executive A&R positions at Elektra, Chrysalis/EMI and Reprise, and worked as an independent A&R consultant for various labels and artists.
- 10 Smash Hip Hop and R&B Songs from the 90s That Still Keep The Party Going
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Atlanta Pastor Stabbed To Death By A Man She Was Mentoring
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Christian Cooper, Black Man Harassed in Central Park for Birdwatching, Gets New TV Show
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 2 Dead, 8 Injured During Chicago Mass Shooting Near Loyola University
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?