Today, Sony/ATV Music Publishing UK announced it has signed indie-rock band Sea Girls to a global publishing deal.
The Polydor-signed act, made up of Henry Camamile, Rory Young, Andrew Dawson and Oli Khan, have just released their debut album Open Up Your Head, which premiered at No.3 in the UK’s Official Album Charts this week. The album’s release followed off the back of popular singles including “Violet,” “Ready For More,” “Do You Really Wanna Know,” “All I Want To Hear You Say” and “Forever.”
Having already released four EPs, the band has received early recognition from the BBC Sound Poll, named on its 2019 longlist, as well as being included on “MTV PUSH: Ones To Watch 2020.” To date, Sea Girls have sold out Brixton Academy, toured venues across Europe and have had six songs featured in Annie Mac’s “Hottest Record In The World” segment on BBC Radio One.
Jon Chapman, Manager said, “When Henry the singer first sent me the demo of “Call Me Out” it was one of those ‘Oh no, here we go again’ moments where you're compelled to get involved. It was undeniable from the start that within the band we have great songwriters, who are young and refreshingly collaborative. Sony/ATV, first and foremost, were clearly huge fans of the band's songwriting ability as well as understanding Sea Girls’ ambitions musically. We're thrilled to be welcomed by Tim and his great team at Sony/ATV and are so excited for Sea Girls’ future with them.”
Tim Major, Co-Managing Director, Sony/ATV UK said, “Sea Girls really stood out to us. They have prolific and collaborative songwriting talent within the band, an incredible work ethic and a relentless energy on stage. It’s been a pleasure to watch them build such solid momentum and we can’t wait to see them take off from here. Jon and Rachel have done a fantastic job and we’re excited to be part of the team.”
Felix Canetty-Clarke, Director, Creative Research & Data, Sony/ATV UK said, “Having been at some of Sea Girls’ early shows, it’s been special to follow their journey so far. They have laid the foundations in the UK and I feel this band has what it takes to have a significant international impact.”
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Troy Vincent on Deion Sanders coaching Jackson State & HBCU athletes in the NFL | First Take
- Acoustic Sounds Series Continues with Nina Simone’s Quintessential 1965 Albums “I Put a Spell On You” and “Pastel Blues”
- Cory Coco Brother Condrey to Hold Prayer Rally
- OnNow.tv Partners with Ticketing and Event Platform Tixr
- STAYSOLIDROCKY RETURNS WITH “VIOLA” (video)
- Columbia Records to Hold Community Concert and Conversation with the National Urban League Live On YouTube September 25
- Terry Curtin Joins Solstice as EVP Communications
- JR Jackson from JR Sports Brief: From YouTube to Radio – (DARF.TV Video)