Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Six Members of the House of Representatives have added their names as co-sponsors of a resolution that opposes “any new performance fee, tax, royalty, or other charge” on local broadcast radio stations. The Local Radio Freedom Act is now currently co-sponsored by 177 Members of the House and 12 Senators.
The members of the bipartisan group adding their support to the Local Radio Freedom Act are Reps. Wm. Lacy Clay (MO-1), Virginia Foxx (NC-5), Ralph Hall (TX-4), David Scott (GA-13), Fred Upton (MI-6), and Randy Weber (TX-14).
Reps. Michael Conaway (R-TX) and Gene Green (D-TX) introduced the Local Radio Freedom Act (H. Con. Res. 16) in the House of Representatives on February 15 along with 71 additional co-sponsors. An identical resolution (S. Con. Res. 6) was introduced in the Senate on March 6 by Sens. John Barrasso (R-WY) and Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND).
“Congress should not impose any new performance fee, tax, royalty, or other charge relating to the public performance of sound recordings on a local radio station for broadcasting sound recordings over-the-air, or on any business for such public performance of sound recordings,” reads the Local Radio Freedom Act.
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)