Samsung celebrated night #2 of Galaxy Life Fest at SXSW with performances from ColleGrove – the new superstar duo composed of 2 Chainz & Lil Wayne – and Public Enemy. To celebrate the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge devices and the latest ad campaign series featuring Lil Wayne, Samsung invited guests and Galaxy owners to the 2nd night of the 3-day music event at SXSW. . Also in attendance were BJ Novak and Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer. Please see the link below to download photos and let me know if you can cover.
· Public Enemy kicked off the 2nd night of Samsung’s Galaxy Life Fest in Austin with an unforgettable performance that kept the crowd on its feet all night. The band played a long list of favorites including “Don’t Believe the Hype” and the legendary “Fight the Power.” No stranger to political messages, Chuck D also used the stage to talk about some of today’s hot topics.
· ColleGrove – the new superstar duo composed of 2 Chainz & Lil Wayne – made their debut performance as they headlined the evening. 2 Chainz kicked things off with several solo tracks, followed by Lil Wayne, who performed favorites “A Milli,” “Lollipop,” “Truffle Butter,” and more. Then the duo took the stage and performed songs from the new album including “Watch Out” and “Duffle Bag.”
Backstage after the show, Lil Wayne poured an entire bottle of champagne on his Galaxy S7, hilariously showing how water (and champagne) resistant the brand new device is.
Friday, Samsung debuted its latest ad campaign in the U.S. for the newly released Galaxy S7 and S7 edge which features Lil Wayne in a variety of comedic scenarios showcasing the power of his phone.
The ads are the latest in a campaign series for the only water resistant, fast wireless charging, memory expanding, virtual reality powering, and pay almost anywhere Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Both devices have all of this and more – including unparalleled connectivity to a galaxy of products, services and experiences.
Lil Wayne’s Samsung spots include:
In “Champagne Calls” Lil Wayne showcases the superiority of his Galaxy S7 as it withstands the hip hop music superstar pouring high-end champagne on his phone, a swim with the fish and more. Lil Wayne’s phone needs to keep up with his ever-changing lifestyle and unexpected situations, don’t you?
Lil Wayne’s adventures with the Galaxy S7 don’t end there, in the comedic ad; “Canoe” featuring Wesley Snipes, the dynamic duo enter the world of virtual reality. And it might surprise you.
· In “Elephant,” Lil Wayne and Wesley Snipes continue to experiment with the immersive world of Virtual Reality with their Galaxy S7.
This year, Samsung returned to South by Southwest Interactive Festival with its popular Samsung Studio experience offering fans access to exclusive events, unforgettable experiences, and special rewards for Samsung Galaxy owners to celebrate the launch of the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. In addition, the brand rewarded fans with the first ever Samsung Galaxy Fest.
The event features headliners including The Strokes, Sia and ColleGrove – the new superstar duo composed of 2 Chainz & Lil Wayne. Located at 333 E 2nd Street in Austin, TX, the Samsung Studio will be open daily from 11 AM CT – 6 PM CT from March 11-15. (all photos by Getty Images click “NEXT” for next image)
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- Atlantic Records Names Lanre Gaba New Co-President, Black Music
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show