Radio Facts: Radio Facts: This past Saturday, multimedia personality rashan ali of Streetz 94.5 celebrated the release of her first children’s book, Piper Sky‘s Pink Popsicle Shoes, with The Piper Sky Community Day at Greenbriar Mall in Atlanta. This successful event was attended by over 100 children and their families who had their first introduction to Piper Sky – the latest character to hit the literary scene who is guaranteed to wow audiences nationwide.
Author rashan ali Smith
Piper Sky is an adventurous young lady who attracts lots of attention because of her awesome pink popsicle shoes. Her adventures will wow young audiences everywhere as they learn lessons of kindness, sharing and more from Piper Sky and friends. Ali, a mom of two young daughters, was motivated to develop the Piper Sky book series after noticing a limited number of diverse characters in today’s literature for children.
“I wanted my daughters and other children with diverse backgrounds to feel celebrated and to have fictional characters who look like them and that they can relate to,” said Ali. “Piper embodies the characteristics I am teaching my daughters and my goal is for her to inspire children to be confident and to maintain strong values.”
The Piper Sky Community Day was designed to be a fun day for children and included everything from mini makeovers for girls and their moms to a youth talent competition. Media personality and comedian Griff kept the crowd laughing with fun contests for youth and their parents while other children enjoyed makeovers courtesy of Diamonds & Pearls Image Studio, Cupcake by Camille and product sampling stations courtesy of SheaMoisture.
The highlight of the event was the youth talent show, which was judged by: Amir Boyd of Epic Records, Victor Jackson, Choreographer (as seen on Bravo TV’s The Kandi Factory) and Creative Director of Glam, Rock, Soul, Quinnie Jenkins-Rice, Regional Leader of Community Affairs & Grassroots, Southwest Airlines, Satchel Jester of Upscale Magazine and Jazzy McBee of Streetz 94.5. The winner of the talent show was a rapper named Young TV who gave a highly energetic and impressive performance. As the winner, he received a cash prize, tickets to an Atlanta Dream WNBA game and will professionally record Piper Sky‘s theme music with Rashan Ali to be used on the Piper Sky website and in some of the promotional materials.
Other event sponsors included: Streetz 94.5, M320 Consulting, Concentra
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Black Tony Scammed People Out Of Rickey Smiley Cruise Tickets! [WATCH]
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers