Radio Facts: If you are a fan of public radio you will want to give a new iPhone app a test drive. The application, simply named Public Radio App, allows you to listen to live steams of public radio stations across the country. It can even find local stations using the iPhone’s integrated GPS and you can even access integrated program schedules for every station.
What makes Public Radio App really powerful is its TiVo-like controls which allows you to pause, rewind and fast forward a live stream. The recording controls can also be used with the on-demand radio programs available. The key thing to note is that the TiVo-like controls only work while you have an active Internet connection. Upon choosing a program or a story segment you will be taking to the associated web page so you can browse even more information.
If you are an avid public radio listener you will want to get your hand s on this application. At $2.99 it is really a bargain considering its powerful features and recording capabilities. Searching for local stations through GPS rather than spinning your radio dial is perfect for the frequent traveler. [source]
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Is Wendy Williams OK? (video)
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)