Sheryl Underwood Remembers ‘icon’ and ‘mentor’ Paul Mooney
“The Talk” host Sheryl Underwood remembers fellow comic Paul Mooney who passed away Monday from a heart attack at the age of 79.
“He was a comic who believed in me, Paul Mooney. And he unfortunately died today of a heart attack. Prolific comic known from the movie, ‘Which Way Was Up’ but he was also a prolific writer for Richard Prior, ‘Sanford and Son’, Dave Chappelle’s the ‘Chappelle’s Show’, ‘In Living Color,’ but he also played Sam Cook in ‘The Buddy Holly Story.’
And when you have an icon like a Paul Mooney say, you can do this or give you comedy notes or something like that, you always remember.” She adds, “The biggest thing I remember was hanging out with him in the New York club Carolines…I did the two earlier shows and he did the later, late night shows and he was just a really great mentor.
He really knew the game of comedy inside and out. But he was such a great man and a mentor to a lot of comics out there. And we will miss you so much Paul, but you left us with laughter.”
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Tori Alamaze on Kelis, The Music Industry and New Project
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS