NIGERIAN SUPERSTAR TEMS UNVEILS STUNNING DEBUT EP FOR “BROKEN EARS”
Nigerian superstar Tems has released her debut EP For Broken Ears. The stunning seven track collection was primarily written and produced by Tems herself, with additional production by Oddio, Spax and Omeiza, and also comes alongside a new Demola Falomo (Rema, Santi) directed music video for the EP's lead single “Damages.”
A self-actualized body of work, For Broken Ears is a startling introduction to a fully formed creative force who refuses to play by anyone else's rules. The deep richness to her vocal, reminiscent of Koffee or Tracy Chapman, undeniable hooks and an additional blend of soul and language that is uniquely hers. From the carefree and vibey “Ice T” through to the introspective, vulnerable “Higher,” the EP runs through the full spectrum of human emotion yet always remaining both relatable, honest, and genuinely fun.
After earning two degrees, Tems felt compelled to shape her own future by quitting her job digital marketing job in 2018 to release her debut single “Mr Rebel.” The risk paid off dividends as the single and its follow-up, 2019's “Try Me” quickly took off across Nigeria, instantly cementing Tems as one of the countries' most sought after voices. With over 5 million streams on the latter and applause from the likes of The FADER, Complex, Okayafrica, The Face, and more, not to mention shooting the cover of Nigeria's biggest cultural and tastemaker title Native Magazine earlier this year, Tems has gone on to collaborate with the likes of Khalid, Disclosure, Davido, Wizkid, DRB Lasgidi and Odunsi (The Engine).
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Need a Laugh? See What Happens When He Tells His Mom He is in Jail
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About Unemployment Scam
- Parent Jumps On Zoom Call to Check Teacher About Disrespectful George Floyd Comment (VIDEO)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th