NETFLIX SIGNS EXCLUSIVE MUSIC PUBLISHING DEAL WITH BMG
BMG announced it has signed an exclusive agreement with Netflix Inc., the world's leading internet television network, to manage and administer Netflix’s music publishing rights outside the U.S.
Netflix has over 93 million subscribers in more than 190 countries who use the Netflix service to view more than 125 million hours of TV shows, movies and other content each day.
The agreement between BMG and Netflix includes score, transition cues, themes, and feature songs for all content owned by Netflix for its Netflix Originals, such as TV series, feature films, documentary features, and other original content.
Zach Katz, BMG US President Repertoire & Marketing, said, “It is an understatement to say we are excited to be working with Netflix. This agreement is a significant endorsement of the BMG team and platform from one of the most forward-thinking and innovative entertainment companies in the world. It also highlights the particular strength of Keith Hauprich (Deputy General Counsel, BMG US) and his film and TV publishing team.”
Dominic Houston, Director of Music Licensing at Netflix, said, “After a long process of selecting the right partner for Netflix, we are delighted to be able to announce this new partnership with BMG and look forward to getting started with the team there. We were particularly impressed by the commercial and technology expertise of BMG, and are excited to see what opportunities we can develop together.”
BMG’s current film and TV partners include The Weinstein Company, Hasbro Studios, Activision Blizzard Studios, AMC Network, Turner Broadcasting, Rede Globo’s Som Livre, NFL Films, Walden Media, 2929 Productions, Bold & Beautiful, Bold Films, ContentMedia, Relativity Media, John Carpenter’s Rodeo Suplex, Roger Corman’s Concorde New Horizons, Icon Productions, Parallel Entertainment, and Global Asylum among others.
Keith Hauprich said, “Partnering with Netflix is an incredible endorsement for our film and TV department. We look forward to extending the BMG service to the fast growing catalog of Netflix.”
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)