Media Legend Donnie Simpson Takes On Sunday Radio in Charlotte
Trailblazer and media legend set to take on Sundays with a 2-hour Urban Adult Contemporary show on WOSF, 105.3 RNB
Radio One, Inc is excited to announce that The Donnie Simpson Weekend Show will launch this Sunday, June 27, 2021 and every Sunday thereafter on WOSF, 105.3 RNB in Charlotte. Donnie Simpson currently hosts afternoons on WMMJ in the DMV area with co-host Tony Perkins.
The Donnie Simpson Weekend Show is a two-hour weekend show that will include music and interviews from Donnie’s archives. Donnie Simpson along with co-host Tony Perkins, a radio and TV broadcaster and two-time Emmy award winner, are set to host a show centered around a specific music theme such as “Best Bands” or “Blue Eyed Soul Singers” to name a few. Show features will include Huggy Lowdown’s Celebrity Snitch where Huggy will “snitch” on the lighter side of the most pressing news and entertainment happenings of the day.
Simpson has been called an icon, trailblazer and a media legend. He is the ruling Washington D.C. radio icon, as well as an international television and movie personality. Over his career, which has spanned 51 years, he has entertained listeners from WJLB in Detroit to WKYS and WMMJ in Washington, and on television as host of BET’s Video Soul. He is considered one of the nation’s first video jockeys. Most recently, Donnie was inducted into The Radio Hall of Fame Class of 2020.
“People around the country got to watch me on Video Soul for many years, but didn’t get to check me out on my first Love, radio. Only Detroit and DC would suffer that experience. So I’m really excited for the rest of the country to finally hear what I do ON THE RADIO,” says Simpson.
Radio One, Inc. – Charlotte Operations Manager, Jeff “Uzi D” Anderson added, “We are excited to add Donnie Simpson to our weekend line-up. Donnie is an iconic music historian and this show will be a well-received familiar voice to our listeners of Charlotte!”
Donnie Simpson has consistently carried #1 ratings. Even now in his 51st year in radio, he’s #1 with a bullet. This kind of success and reputation have earned him “Icon” status among his peers, The White House, and his millions of fans worldwide. The Donnie Simpson Weekend Show will provide another opportunity to connect with his loyal audience.
The Donnie Simpson Weekend Show joins a line-up on WOSF, 105.3 RNB that includes The Rickey Smiley Morning Show, Olympia D., The D.L. Hughley Show, and Love and R&B with Al B. Sure.
- Neighbors Cry for More Police Funding After Elderly Woman is Zip-Tied, Robbed, in Broad Daylight
- Prominent Dallas Attorney, Charged, Loses License over Deal to Launder $500 a Month in Drug Money
- Terrance Dean, Author of “Hiding in Hip Hop” has Died
- Mass Shooting Near Recreation Center Where Children Were Nearby in Philly, 5 Shot (Video)
- Steve Harvey Says R Kelly’s Situation is a “Tragedy On All Levels” (VIDEO)
- Devoted Father who Homeschooled his Four Young Daughters, Killed in Road Rage Incident
- Rapper Served Warrant, Has Tiger as Pet, Arrested (video)
- Ebro in the Morning Talks to Tracy Morgan about Returning to the Stage After His Tragic Accident, New Tour, And More (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses If Nicki Minaj Crossed the Line with Her Comments About Kevin Federline (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die