A man was left in critical condition after a video showed him being run over by a driver doing donuts. The hit-and-run driver plowed into a bystander who appeared to be trying to film the reckless act over the weekend, police said.
According to police, a 23-year-old man, the victim, was struck by the red Infiniti Sedan just after midnight, on Saturday, as the driver drifted in circles for a large crowd near Vandam Street and Greenwich Street in Hudson Square.
The victim was critically injured, police said. He suffered a fractured skull, brain injury, and severe trauma to the body.
Shared by the NYPD, video of the incident shows two men first walking towards the whirling car to record the action from up close with their cell phones.
According to the footage, the victim then heads towards the center to join the two men recording. He trips and falls on the ground, directly in the car’s spinning path. As the victim is pinned under the car, the video ends.
Some in the crowd then raised their arms in disbelief over the final clip’s horrific scene.
Heading eastbound on Vandam Street, the driver fled the scene in his vehicle, cops said. He was still being sought early Monday.
The victim was taken to Bellevue Hospital for treatment.
NYPD is asking for the public’s help identifying the vehicle and suspect. Anyone with information is urged to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- SUNDAY READ: Running a Business Lessons I Wish I’d Known Earlier
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,