Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Big Deal Music is pleased to announce the signing of a publishing agreement with Lucy Dacus, one of the year's most celebrated new artists. This announcement comes just days before the September 9th re-release of her debut album No Burden on Matador Records.
The 21-year-old has had a banner year, landing festival slots at Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits, and touring with the Decemberists, Frightened Rabbit, Car Seat Headrest and others. Rolling Stone already hailed No Burden as “one of 2016's best indie rock debuts,” while Pitchfork suggests “Lucy Dacus' No Burden is an uncommonly warm indie rock record. Lead guitar lines pour in like slow columns of sunlight, and Dacus' voice itself is a comforting blur.”
“We’re very proud to be working with Lucy,” says Big Deal’s Jamie Cerreta, “clearly an important new voice with a very exciting future all in front of her. We’ll do our best to support her in every way we know how.”
In July, Dacus made her television debut on CBS This Morning, performing “I Don't Wanna Be Funny Anymore” and “Strange Torpedo.” She will be on tour this fall supporting the Matador release.
9/13 – Baltimore, MD – Ram’s Head Live &
9/15 – New York, NY – Bowery Ballroom %
9/16 – New York, NY – Bowery Ballroom %
9/17 – Boston, MA – The Sinclair %
9/18 – Montreal, QC – Bar le Ritz PDB %
9/19 – Toronto, ON – Virgin Mobile Mod Club %
9/21 – Detroit, MI – El Club %
9/22 – Urbana, IL – The Pygmalion Festival
9/24 – Cincinnati, OH – MidPoint Music Festival
9/25 – Cleveland, OH – Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum %
9/27 – Madison, WI – Majestic Theatre %
9/28 – Minneapolis, MN – Cedar Cultural Center %
9/30 – Austin, TX – Stubbs $
10/1 – Austin, TX – Austin City Limits Festival
10/3 – Houston, TX – White Oak Music Hall
107 – Richmond, VA – The National
& – with Frightened Rabbit
% – with Car Seat Headrest
$ – with Andrew Bird and Sinkane
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time