A trial date has been set in a lawsuit filed by best-selling author and nationally syndicated radio and TV personality Michael Baisden.
Documents filed in the lawsuit state that Defendants I'm Ready Productions, Inc., Image Entertainment, Inc., ALW Entertainment, Inc., Je'Caryous Johnson and Gary Guidry conspired to tour a stage-play without Baisden's permission and sold DVD's based on Baisden's best-selling novels, The Maintenance Man and Men Cry in the Dark, in violation of the Federal copyright laws.
The lawsuit also alleges that I'm Ready Productions and Image Entertainment made millions of dollars using Baisden's name, likeness and popularity to sell the DVD's by implying that he was involved in, or endorsed, the distribution. Baisden did not authorize the sale of the DVD's.
“This is my day in court in my fight to recover my intellectual property rights and prevent these Defendants from continuing to infringe upon my copyrighted novels,” said Michael Baisden. “These novels are like my children. They reflect years of hard work in writing them and promoting them to the level where they became best sellers. In the end, I hope I can also send a message to other copyright holders that they have a right to take a stand and fight those who are trying to steal their copyrighted works.”
In the lawsuit, Baisden seeks an injunction to prevent the Defendants from any further use of the copyrighted works The Maintenance Man and Men Cry in the Dark. Baisden is also seeking an award of actual damages, enhanced damages and attorneys' fees for having to institute a lawsuit to stop Defendants' infringement. He is represented by noted entertainment lawyers Daryl K. Washington and Aubrey “Nick” Pittman.
Trial is set to begin on February 14, 2011, in Houston, Texas, in the US District Court for the Southern District of Texas – Bob Casey Federal Courthouse Court Room 9-B.
Michael Baisden is a recognized best selling author, nationally syndicated radio personality and TV talk show host. His high-octane energy and love for interacting with his listeners is just one reason for the popularity and success of the number one rated Michael Baisden Show, which is broadcast to over ten million listeners in over 76 affiliate stations across the country. Baisden is known for spearheading the historic Jena Six March and The Michael Baisden Foundations 2010 One Million Mentors National Campaign to Save Our Kids where he spoke in over 72 cities signing up mentors.
For more information on Michael Baisden, go to https://www.BaisdenLive.com/ or join him at “Michael Baisden Live” on Facebook and “Baisden Live” on Twitter.
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Zindzi Mandela, Daughter of Nelson and Winnie Mandela, Dies at Age 59
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- More Details Arise Of 50 Cent’s Attack On New Jersey Rapper