This summer, State Farm® launches State Farm Neighborhood Sessions with the Bronx’s own Jennifer Lopez, A.K.A. Jenny from the Block, who will perform for the first time ever in her hometown borough. The new music program, which celebrates the power of good neighbors, kicks off with a live concert on Wed., June 4th at Orchard Beach in Pelham Bay Park.
“I’m humbled and honored to be doing my first ever concert in the Bronx,” said Lopez. “I can’t wait to go back home and give a show to the people and community that inspired me. Of all the summer days I spent in Orchard Beach, this is going to be one to remember!”
The first in a series of concerts, State Farm Neighborhood Sessions gives the biggest names in music a chance to say “thank you” to the neighbors who inspire greatness in their communities every day. Each Neighborhood Session will be as distinctive as the community it represents, reinforcing the unwavering commitment State Farm has to community and bringing people together with the help of local community organizations, artists and businesses that make each neighborhood unique. State Farm Neighborhood Sessions will work to support vital local causes, with the inaugural June 4th Session highlighting Jennifer Lopez’s own Lopez Family Foundation, the Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club, Teach for America, LISC and other Bronx-based community organizations.
“The neighborhood is where our dreams, our hopes, and our futures are born,” said State Farm Asst. VP Marketing, Tim Van Hoof. “There are people who invest in us, who lift us up, and who make a fundamental difference in our lives. Our goal is to tell their stories, through the lens of amazing musical artists, in a way that allows their pure, authentic nature to shine through and inspire all of us…like a good neighbor should. We’re thrilled to have Jennifer Lopez as our first artist.”
Tickets are free, but space is limited. Starting now, Bronx residents can access a special 24-hour “pre-sale” via the State Farm Neighborhood Sessions ticketing page; general admission tickets will be released on May 15th. Gates will open at 5:00 p.m. on the day of the event. A variety of games, concessions, and other activities will be available throughout the park for the whole family to enjoy. Jennifer Lopez will take the stage at 8:30 p.m. for a 90-minute performance.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Tori Alamaze on Kelis, The Music Industry and New Project
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)