iHeartMedia Rochester and Syracuse announced today that Dominic “Zakk” Zaccagnini has been named Program Director for NewsRadio WHAM 1180, Radio 95.1 and 570 WSYR , effective immediately. iHeartMedia Rochester and Syracuse has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing more than 10 stations comprised of music, talk and news formats.
iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company. As Program Director, Zakk will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day programming, talent coaching and digital/social promotions for the NewsRadio WHAM 1180, Radio 95.1 and 570 WSYR. He will report to Tias Schuster, Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia Upstate New York.
“Zakk is a winner with deep programming knowledge coming from multiple formats and major markets,” said Schuster. “We look forward to his vision, energy, and leadership that he will bring to our stations.”
“We are excited to welcome Zakk to the team,” said Robert Morgan, Market President for iHeartMedia Upstate New York. “His passion for compelling spoken word radio and his successful experience working with high performing talent make him a perfect fit for this role.”
Zakk joins the iHeartMedia Rochester and Syracuse markets from KSAN-San Francisco, where he most recently served as the program director and afternoon drive host while also handling pregame host duties for the Kansas City Chiefs on KCFX-Kansas City. He also served as assistant program director and afternoon host for WLUP-Chicago and as morning host for FOX Sports Radio. He began his career at WRRK-Pittsburgh and is a graduate of the Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
“It is a privilege for me to join so many talented professionals and become part of these amazing brands in this management role,” said Zakk. “I am grateful and very excited for this opportunity. Thanks to everyone at iHeartMedia for making it happen!”
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Rochester and Syracuse market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with 3 billion app downloads and more than 150 million registered users.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- Mother of 6 Young Girls Murdered by Finance (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS