Radio Facts: Radio Facts:
WQHT HOT 97 FM, Where hip hop music Lives, hosted the biggest hip hop music event on the planet, Summer Jam, last night at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. More than 50,000 fans gathered to celebrate hip hop music with two stages filled with live performances by Hip Hop’s elite. The entire nine-hour event was live streamed worldwide exclusively on TIDAL, giving music enthusiasts a front-row seat to the action and behind-the-scenes candid moments.
“The Summer Jam performances were unbelievable,” states Deon Levingston, General Manager of Emmis NY. “Each year I’m blown away by the incredible talent that hits the stage, as well as the immense response we get from our audience. This year, due to strong demand for tickets, the show sold out in the early evening. When fans realized tickets were no longer available at the box office, a small number of individuals created an unsafe environment. The New Jersey State Police took steps to ensure the safety of concertgoers and our employees, which is always our top priority. hip hop music culture has proven time after time that it is resilient, and in that same spirit, we thank our Summer Jam artists for bringing our loyal and passionate fans another unforgettable show.”
Omarion kicked things off at the Stadium Stage, setting the high-energy tone for the rest of the evening. After appearing alongside DJ Mustard in 2014, Ty Dolla $ign was back this year to rule the stage, bringing out special guest Wiz Khalifa. Trey Songz debuted some new music and serenaded the crowd, while Chris Brown’s dance moves had the stadium on its feet, as the superstar brought out 50 Cent w/ G-Unit and French Montana to join him for his set.
The term Fabolous & Friends lived up to its name, as Fabolous brought out an array of hip hop music elite to accompany him including: Ma$e, The Lox, Lil Kim, Method Man, Fat Joe, Remy Ma, Red Man, Raekwon, Busta Rhymes, and French Montana. Kendrick Lamar’s performance left concert goers wanting more, as the “King Kunta” musician lit up the stage performing hits from his latest album. As Big Sean performed his hit song, “IDFWU,” the entire audience was rapping along to every word. Towards the end of the night, Meek Mill kept the energy up, bringing out some special guests including Future and girlfriend Nicki Minaj, whom he shared a tender moment with, before leaving the stage for New Jersey native Fetty Wap to close out the show on his birthday!
Other highlights include a tribute to the late artist, Chinx, by French Montana, and special appearances by Sza, Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q, E-40, Chedda Da Great and Welvin throughout the night.
The day kicked off at Festival Stage with performances by Travi$ Scott, B.o.B, Joey Bada$$, DeJ Loaf, Teyana Taylor and Charles Hamilton. Concert goers were able to enjoy the live music while sampling food trucks, hanging out in the cooling station, trying the latest video games, and more!
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- DL Hughley Stands by Biden and Harris While Highlighting Ice Cube’s Cynicism
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Daddy Yankee, Anuel Aa And Kendo Kaponi Reup International Smash “DON DON” With Remix Featuring Sisqó
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time