Glamour Editor-in-Chief Samantha Barry Hosts New Podcast About Women and Finances
New York, NY–– September 17, 2019 –– Samantha Barry today announced the debut of She Makes Money Moves, a new podcast from Glamour and iHeartRadio that explores the relationship women have with money. Hosted by Barry, She Makes Money Moves creates a dialogue for young women to understand and take control of their finances, an often-taboo topic, through first-person accounts from women across the country and advice from financial experts.
The 16-episode podcast features a different topic each week, from student loan debt to pyramid schemes as well as candid discussions from a variety of financially savvy guests including Farnoosh Torabi, an author, financial reporter and popular television personality; Tiffany Aliche, a self-proclaimed “Budgetnista” and powerhouse dedicated to making life-changing financial education accessible to women worldwide; and other financially-savvy women like Nicole Lapin, Shannon McLay and Stefanie O’Connell.
“There’s power, especially for young women, in talking about money: how much we make, how much we spend — and how money impacts our identities and our relationships,” Barry says. “There’s incredible discomfort around these topics, and here at Glamour we’re committed to shedding the taboo and inviting women to join in.”
“Episode one: Confessions of a Real-Life Shopaholic,” explores the life of a compulsive shopper (80% of shopaholics are women) with advice from personal finance journalist and author, Farnoosh Torabi. New episodes will drop every Tuesday and are distributed by the iHeartPodcast Network.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including more than 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio and on demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base. iHeartMedia is a division of iHeartMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: IHRT). Visit iHeartMedia.com for more company information.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- SUNDAY READ: Running a Business Lessons I Wish I’d Known Earlier