Radio Facts: Georgetown councilman will take the reigns of mayor following a land slide victory in Saturday's elections.
Councilman Brian Pettyjohn defeated local radio DJ Matthew Walsh by a vote of 430 to 25. Pettyjohn is finishing his first, two-year term on the town council. His family has deep roots in Georgetown. Walsh is a morning radio DJ on WZBH-FM, 93.5 The Beach.
Pettyjohn will replace Mayor Eddie Lambden, who did not run for reelection.
Earlier this week, Walsh acknowledged Pettyjohn would be a difficult cand idate to defeat given Pettyjohn's family ties to Georgetown. Even if he didn't win, Walsh said he wanted to inspire “regular people” to run for public office.
In the race for fourth ward council seat, cand idate Anna Besche-Martin defeated Chester Johnson by a vote of 258 to 184.
A total of 456 votes were cast in a town with 837 registered voters, pegging voter turnout at 55 percent, Georgetown Town Manager Gene Dvornick said.
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- UNOTHEACTIVIST DROPS MUSIC VIDEO FOR “AYE YAI YAI”
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- STAYSOLIDROCKY RETURNS WITH “VIOLA” (video)
- Do the Boston Celtics have a chance to come back and beat the Heat? | The Jump
- Columbia Records to Hold Community Concert and Conversation with the National Urban League Live On YouTube September 25
- Cory Coco Brother Condrey to Hold Prayer Rally
- John Calipari explains how Tyler Herro and Bam Adebayo got so good so fast | The Jump
- Terry Curtin Joins Solstice as EVP Communications
- OnNow.tv Partners with Ticketing and Event Platform Tixr