Not sure if many industry people know this but the club that George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked at was owned by Maya Santamari who ironically just sold the building a few months ago but she is also the owner and operator of La Raza 95.7 FM.
The station had a power outage as a result of the rioting and that's when employees informed her that Floyd was a former employee. She knew Chauvin was and she states in this video that he always had a short fuse and used force when it wasn't necessary.
She hired him as an off duty security guard to work the outside and Floyd worked on the inside of the club. It seems it would have been very hard for Chauvin to miss Floyd in an environment like this one and she thinks even if they didn't know each other they certainly crossed paths.
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time