CAROLINE AND FOOL’S GOLD ANNOUNCE WORLDWIDE DISTRIBUTION DEAL
FOOL’S GOLD CO-FOUNDER A-TRAK RELEASES NEW SINGLE ‘BELIEVE’
FEAT. QUAVO AND LIL YACHTY ON JULY 21
Brooklyn independent record company, Fool’s Gold and Carolina announced today that the companies have entered into a worldwide distribution partnership for Fool’s Gold’s releases. The news of this distribution deal corresponds to the release of Fool’s Gold co-founder/DJ/producer A-Trak’s new single “Believe” (listen here). This collaboration with hip-hop’s boldest new superstars Quavo and Lil Yachty is a perfect first salvo from the partnership, melding A-Trak’s forward thinking beats with platinum rap muscle for one insanely catchy summer jam.
A-Trak stated, “Picking a distribution partner for Fool’s Gold was a decision we didn’t take lightly. We went to everyone’s offices and inspected their fridges and closets. With the amount of personal care we put into all our releases, we needed to find a team that shared the same passion and OCD behavior. We all feel very confident in Caroline’s amazing staff.”
Co-founder of Fool’s Gold Nick Catchdubs said, “2017 is our ten year anniversary and a milestone for FG in every way—growing DAY OFF internationally, opening a new Brooklyn store, and building the internal team. It’s exciting to see what our new label COO Marty Nolan and longtime GM Ben Jacobs are creating with the peerless Caroline squad, pushing FG’s mission and music to a new level. Cue airhorn noise!”
Piero Giramonti, General Manager Caroline/Harvest Records said, “The crew at Fool’s Gold are great people, with great music and great ideas. We are very happy to be working with them.”
Jacqueline Saturn, General Manager Caroline/Harvest Records said, “We are all ecstatic to work with Fool’s Gold. The music, the brand, and what they represent in today’s culture is exciting to the entire Caroline team. We are thrilled!”
Brooklyn-based record label Fool’s Gold was founded in 2007 by DJs A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs and quickly established itself with a non-stop series of releases bridging the worlds of hip-hop and electronic music, introducing artists like Danny Brown, Kid Cudi, Duck Sauce, Flosstradamus and Leaf to the world while being praised by Pitchfork as “one of the most influential indies in the music business.” With a clever and constantly evolving aesthetic for all Fool’s Gold visuals and merchandise, the company has become more than an independent music powerhouse, but a trendsetting lifestyle brand.
For ten years strong, Fool’s Gold has continued to find new ways to excite and surprise their fans beyond records. Their annual DAY OFF series has become one of the world’s premier hip-hop festivals, a place where the entire creative community gathers as new stars are minted. Fool’s Gold’s flagship retail store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn is a striking architectural concept, featuring full seasonal clothing drops and limited-edition collaborations. Having put their unique stamp on music, events, retail, and beyond, there’s no telling what Fool’s Gold will lend their midas touch to next.
- Inductees Announced For The Black Music and Entertainment Walk of Fame June 2022 Induction
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions if Keyshia Cole’s Relationship with Antonio Brown is Doomed (Video)
- Podcast Advertising Effectiveness is Soaring
- NAB Launches “The Best of NAB Show Amplified”
- Radio One Charlotte Names New Program Director for Heritage Sports Radio WFNZ 610AM/92.7FM
- White Supremacist Opens Fire at Supermarket: Here are the Names of the Buffalo Massacre Victims
- New York Public Radio Names Kenya Young Senior Vice President of WNYC Studios
- Pinky Cole’s Surprise Gift to Every CAU Graduate in Atlanta
- Police Uncover Video of Arby’s Manager Urinating in Milkshake Mix
- YOUTUBE AND THE SPRINGHILL COMPANY ANNOUNCE “RECIPE FOR CHANGE: AMPLIFYING BLACK WOMEN”