Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) reported financial results for the first quarter, which ended March 31, 2013.”We've made a lot of progress in the first few months of the year,” said Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO. “We have seen strong growth and engagement across our community and launched several exciting products.”
|First Quarter 2013 Financial Summary|
|In millions, except percentages and per share amounts||Q1'12||Q1'13|
|Revenue||$ 1,058||$ 1,458|
|Income from Operations|
|GAAP||$ 381||$ 373|
|Non-GAAP||$ 485||$ 563|
|GAAP||$ 205||$ 219|
|Non-GAAP||$ 287||$ 312|
|Diluted Earnings per Share (EPS)|
|GAAP||$ 0.09||$ 0.09|
|Non-GAAP||$ 0.12||$ 0.12|
First Quarter 2013 Operational Highlights
- Daily active users (DAUs) were 665 million on average for March 2013, an increase of 26% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) were 1.11 billion as of March 31, 2013, an increase of 23% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs were 751 million as of March 31, 2013, an increase of 54% year-over-year.
Recent Business Highlights
- Launched Facebook Home, a mobile experience for Android that puts people before apps and makes the phone a more social experience.
- Instagram reached 100 million monthly active users in the first quarter of 2013.
- Launched new advertising products such as Lookalike Audiences, Managed Custom Audiences, and Partner Categories, which help marketers improve their targeting capabilities on Facebook.
- Continue to invest in our ad serving and measurement platforms:
- Partnered with Datalogix, Epsilon, Acxiom, and BlueKai to enable marketers to incorporate off-Facebook purchasing data in order to deliver more relevant ads to users.
- Enhanced ability to measure advertiser ROI on digital media across the internet through our acquisition of the Atlas Advertising Suite.
- Appointed Susan D. Desmond-Hellmann, M.D., M.P.H., chancellor of the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), to the company's board of directors.
First Quarter 2013 Financial Highlights Revenue ““ Revenue for the first quarter totaled $1.46 billion, an increase of 38%, compared with $1.06 billion in the first quarter of 2012.
- Revenue from advertising was $1.25 billion, representing 85% of total revenue and a 43% increase from the same quarter last year.
- Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 30% of advertising revenue for the first quarter of 2013.
- Payments and other fees revenue was $213 million for the first quarter of 2013.
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th