Entercom and the Chicago Cubs announced an extension to their broadcast partnership agreement today, keeping 670 The Score (WSCR-AM) as the flagship Radio Station for Cubs baseball.
The Radio Station has served as the radio home of the team since 2016.
As part of the partnership, Entercom will manage the Cubs Radio Network – an extensive radio network with 30 Radio Stations across Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
As the radio home of the Cubs, 670 The Score will broadcast all of the team’s regular season and postseason games, as well as select Spring Training games. Games will also be heard in the Chicago area via the Radio Station ’s digital stream on RADIO.COM.
“I am beyond thrilled to be extending our partnership with the Cubs organization, establishing 670 The Score as home of Cubs baseball for years to come,” said Rachel Williamson, Regional President and Market Manager, Entercom Chicago.
“We have never been more excited for baseball season and for Pat Hughes and Ron Coomer to bring the sights and sounds of Wrigley Field to life for Chicagoland listeners, who can hear all of the action on their radio and, for the first time, for free on the RADIO.com mobile app and via home smart speakers.”
“Entercom and 670 The Score have been tremendous partners over the past five seasons and we look forward to our partnership continuing for years to come,” said Crane Kenney, President of Business Operations, Chicago Cubs.
“The Score has produced some of the most memorable moments in Cubs history and perhaps more than in any other year, we look forward to soon hearing the familiar voices of Pat Hughes and Ron Coomer calling Cubs games on the Score.”
Pat Hughes will enter his 26th season as the Radio Station ’s play-by-play announcer of Cubs games. He will continue to team up with color announcer Ron Coomer.
Prior to and following the conclusion of games, 670 The Score will air 35-minute pregame and one-hour postgame shows, hosted by Zach Zaidman.
The Radio Station will also air special interviews with Cubs manager David Ross prior to games, as well as player and management interviews throughout the season.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- The Sad Story of Robert Johnson