So we have no problem with the idea of removing the all-encompassing “Urban” from the industry AND simply REPLACING it with what it is and who we are … “BLACK.”
This is our choice as a black-owned company. We have removed 3234 references to Urban on the site and replaced the term with “Black.” We agree that Urban is vague and not really descriptive of the Black experience and while there is no question that several industry companies are moving AWAY from Black references by eliminating the term (which is actually an insult over a compliment) we are moving closer to it.
Black is not only symbolic of Strength, Beauty, Power, Creativity, Resilience, and Countless Inventions and Contributions … Black is absolutely still Beautiful. We have no problem saying the word BLACK and we hope the industry sees the benefit of our change and follows suit … but we won't hold our breath (lol).
- Frank Ski and Nina Brown Talk about V103 Exit and WHUR Plans (DARF.TV video)
- .100 HIP HOP AND RNB FM MAKE MAJOR FREE AGENT MOVES, Marc Clark and K. Foxx
- Cardi B Celebrates The Debut Of ‘WAP’
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic Volume II Was the Best Party on the Internet
- Cardi B feat Megan Thee Stallion Use Frank Ski Sample in New Song “WAP” (videos)
- DJ Arrested After Sexual Battery Charge, Talks about Dark Side of Being a World Famous DJ
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Ellen Degeneres And Her Toxic Workplace | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Is Envy’s Beard Real Or Fake?