Radio Facts: For the first time in more than 10 weeks, a country artist visited the Silverfish Media studios for an appearance on The Big D and Bubba show. Appropriately, it was the same artist who made the very first appearance when the show relocated back in January 2014.
About a month ago, the USO contacted Silverfish Media president Patrick Thomas with an idea. Since they can’t do in-person tours and performances for the troops around the world, they had been doing virtual USO tours through streaming platforms. What if they had an artist do a virtual USO tour via AFN, the Armed Forces Network, which carries The Big D and Bubba Show every day.
Craig Morgan was the obvious choice. Craig was awarded the 2006 USO Merit Award for his tireless support of US soldiers and their families. He continues to support our soldiers and their families with 16 overseas trips to entertain U.S. troops, including 12 tours with the USO where he has entertained more than 45,000 service members and military families in 15 countries.
The whole thing happened on the radio this morning. Listeners of Big D and Bubba’s 80+ terrestrial radio stations were able to be a part of something that was put together for the benefit of the men and women listening around the world on AFN. Craig play two songs live in the studio, talked about his new album, and discussed the USO with that organization’s CEO Dr. J.D. Crouch joining the show on the phone.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Sen. Hillman T. Frazier to keynote 143rd Founders’ Day at JSU
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced