Originally posted on 2020-05-11 14:05:05
Talk about getting a warning… Adam Goldstein merely escaped death almost a year ago next month and now the famous DJ has been found dead in his New York city apartment. Known to most as his stage name of DJ AM he was reportedly found dead in his bed on Friday morning in New York City, TMZ is reporting. According to the report, drug paraphernalia was allegedly found at the scene. He was 36. Goldstein hadn't been seen or heard from in several days, and a friend checking on him eventually called police. They broke down the door and found Goldstein's body. Goldstein paired up with rock drummer Travis Barker to form TRVS-DJAM, where the two played off of each other's improvisations. In September 2008, their plane crashed after a South Carolina show, nearly killing them both.
In the crash that killed four other people, Goldstein and AM narrowly escaped, but suffered bad burns across their bodies. “My eyebrows and layers of skin were burned off my face … My forehead was gouged and my arm had skin hanging off. I was in shock and didn't feel anything,” Goldstein told PEOPLE.
A month later, DJ AM triumphantly returned to the stage, playing the role of DJ for rap superstar Jay-Z.
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- UNOTHEACTIVIST DROPS MUSIC VIDEO FOR “AYE YAI YAI”
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- STAYSOLIDROCKY RETURNS WITH “VIOLA” (video)
- OnNow.tv Partners with Ticketing and Event Platform Tixr
- Do the Boston Celtics have a chance to come back and beat the Heat? | The Jump
- Terry Curtin Joins Solstice as EVP Communications
- Columbia Records to Hold Community Concert and Conversation with the National Urban League Live On YouTube September 25
- Cory Coco Brother Condrey to Hold Prayer Rally
- Troy Vincent on Deion Sanders coaching Jackson State & HBCU athletes in the NFL | First Take