BYSTORM ENTERTAINMENT ARTISTS J. COLE AND MIGUEL TAKE THE CHARTS “BY STORM”J. COLE‘S DEBUT ALBUM COLE WORLD: THE SIDELINE STORY IS NO. 1 ON BILLBOARD TOP 200 ALBUMS CHART WHILE MIGUEL’S CURRENT SINGLE “QUICKIE” HITS NO. 2 AFTER CLAIMING THE NO. 1 SPOT AT URBAN RADIO
October 5th, 2011 “” New York, NY “” ByStorm Entertainment lives up to its name this week with the chart-topping success of two of its artists, rapper J. Cole, whose debut album Cole World: The Sideline Story bows at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart with 217,000 units sold, and GRAMMY ®-nominated singer/songwriter/producer Miguel, whose current single “Quickie” claimed the No. 2 spot at Black radio earlier this week. The track which was No. 1 last week is the follow-up to Miguel’s No. 1 summer hit “Sure Thing” off his critically acclaimed debut album All I Want Is You.“A year ago, I was told artists like Miguel and J Cole would be too difficult to break. This moment is so gratifying for me and I am very blessed because their simultaneous success exemplifies the very reason I’m in the music business… Quality music, great artists with passion and vision, true artist development, hard work and the determination and will to WIN. Thanks to the teams at Columbia and RCA” says ByStorm Entertainment CEO Mark Pitts.Pitts, whose tenure in A&R spans 20 years, is well-known in the industry for his work with Black superstars Usher, Chris Brown, Nas, and The Late Notorious B.I.G.Artists currently represented under his ByStorm Management division include J Cole, CJ Hilton and Kardinal Offishall, while Miguel and newcomer Jawan Harris are signed to ByStorm Entertainment.
- Black Mother Stands Up to Cop and Refuses to Let Her Son Become a Hashtag (VIDEO)
- It Has Come to this: Bulletproof Backpacks to Protect Children in Chicago Have Arrived
- ENTERCOM RELAUNCHES THE NEW STAR 94 IN ATLANTA
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Lyft Denies Incident in Atlanta involved their Vehicle or Driver? (video)
- Today, I Walked into the First Amazon Fresh Store in the U.S., THIS is what I Saw
- Most Know About Black Wall Street but Did You Know about Wilmington, NC?
- Townsquare Builds On Its “Local First” Strategy with Addition of Top Management
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Beatport and Twitch Announce Exclusive Live Streaming Music Programming Partnership