BLACK MUSIC HONORS COMMEMORATES JUNETEENTH IN LEGENDARY AWARDS SPECIAL AIRING ON SATURDAY, JUNE 19 AT 1:00 PM EST ON BOUNCE TV
THE 6TH ANNUAL AWARDS SHOW CELEBRATES RENOWNED MUSIC ICONS ANGIE STONE, GINUWINE, RAMSEY LEWIS AND MARVIN SAPP
MEMORABLE PERFORMANCES BY CECE WINANS, MONTELL JORDAN, JACQUEES, AFTER 7, CHRISETTE MICHELLE AND MORE AS PART OF BLACK MUSIC MONTH PROGRAMMING
AIRS THIS WEEKEND ON JUNE 19 IN LOS ANGELES, ATLANTA, MEMPHIS, CHICAGO,
PHILADELPHIA AND OTHER KEY MARKETS
[photo credit: Photography By Gip III]
The 6th Annual Black Music Honors special airs nationally on Saturday, June 19 at 1:00pm EST on Bounce TV and will commemorate Juneteenth, an annual holiday that honors the end of slavery in the United States. The awards ceremony is in national broadcast syndication across the country and airs during Black Music Month. Viewers can see the exciting special in key markets such as Los Angeles at 10am PT on KABC (ABC), in Atlanta at 5pm ET on WATL (MNT), in Philadelphia at 2pm ET on WPSG (CW), and in Chicago on Sunday, June 20 at 7pm CT on WGN (IND), among others. Emmy® Award-winning talk show host, comedienne and author Loni Love hosts the star-studded two-hour special which will honor artists and musicians who have influenced and made significant contributions to American music.
Honorees for this year’s Black Music Honors include Grammy® Award-nominated R&B legend Angie Stone (Soul Music Icon Award); Grammy® Award-nominated singer, songwriter and actor Ginuwine (Urban Music Icon Award); Multiple Stellar Award-winning and Grammy® Award-nominated gospel vocalist Marvin Sapp (Gospel Music Icon Award), and Grammy® Award-winning jazz virtuoso, Ramsey Lewis (Legend Award). CEO Henry Hicks III of The National Museum of African American Music accepting the Legacy Award on behalf of the Nashville based organization.
Performers include Cece Winans, Montell Jordan, Jacquees, After 7, Syleena Johnson, Pleasure P, Stokley, Avery*Sunshine, J. Moss, Q Parker, Bahamadia, Chrisette Michele, Jac Ross, Mumu Fresh, Kevin Ross, Theresa Tha Songbird, and Zacardi Cortez.
Black Music Honors Air Date Schedule for Juneteenth Weekend:
- Los Angeles – 6/19/21 @ 10am on KABC (ABC)
- Memphis – 6/19/21 @11am on WATN (ABC)
- Philadelphia – 6/19/21 @ 2pm on WPSG (CW)
- Detroit – 6/19/21 @ 3pm on WKBD (CBS)
- Atlanta – 6/19/21 @ 5pm on WATL (MNT)
- Houston – 6/19/21 @ 7pm on KIAH (CW)
- Miami-Ft. Lauderdale – 6/19/21 @8pm on WSFL (CW)
- Chicago – 6/20/21 @ 7pm on WGN (IND)
- Raleigh-Durham – 6/20/21 @ 12pm on WTVD (ABC)
- Montgomery-Selma – 6/20/21 @ 11:30pm (ABC)
For a complete list of all the nationally syndicated markets with dates and local air times, click here. Assets an
- Former Texas Cop Sentenced to Prison Time For Helping Stepfather Distribute Cocaine
- Joe Budden Discusses The Downside of Artificial Intelligence Constructed Music (VIDEO)
- WATCH MELVONI’S NEW VIDEO FOR “PENNY UP” OUT NOW!
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why Lil Nas X is Upset With BET (VIDEO)
- Cumulus Media Names New Operations Manager for Mobile, AL Radio Station Group
- Sony/ATV’s Jon Platt: The Solo Black CEO of a Global Major Music Company Explains Why A Change Must Come
- Pandora Expands ‘Billionaires’ Artist Milestone Program with Launch of New Stations
- Tragedy Strikes Industry Vet Stacy Lacroix
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Lauren Wirtzer-Seawood Named Chief Content and Marketing Officer of SoundCloud