Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Interscope Geffen A&M announced that it will acquire the remaining 50% share of the A&M/Octone joint venture from Octone Records. Formed in 2007, the joint venture was scheduled to conclude in mid-2014.
CEO/President James Diener and A&M/Octone were responsible for the signing and development of worldwide multi-platinum superstars Maroon 5, platinum rap-rockers Hollywood Undead, platinum modern-rock act Flyleaf, and internationally acclaimed hip-hop artist K’naan, among others.
“James and everyone at A&M/Octone created a fantastic home for their artists, and their commitment to that roster has been unparalleled,” commented John Janick, President and COO of Interscope Geffen A&M. “We wish James nothing but the best as he embarks on his next venture.”
Diener said, “On behalf of the entire A&M/Octone executive team, I want to extend sincere thanks to Jimmy Iovine, John Janick and Interscope Geffen A&M for an incredible partnership over the past 6 years. We are also indebted to Lucian Grainge and the worldwide Universal Music family, who took exceptional care of our artists and projects throughout the relationship.”
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- HBCU Movement Gaining Momentum with Black Athletes
- The 10 Best UNSUNG Episodes So Far…
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers