Short Form Reports Updated Multiple Times Daily, Include National Weather Forecast
RadioFacts: United Stations, an independent leader in the creation and marketing of network radio programming, production, and technical services to radio stations is pleased to announce that its long-time content partner, AccuWeather, already the acknowledged leader in weather forecasting services with superior accuracy for broadcasters, is embarking on a programming expansion that will cover the continually evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The expanded menu of audio services from AccuWeather now includes a daily short-form ”AccuWeather COVID-19 Report” as well as a special series of the company’s weekly podcast, ”Everything Under the Sun,” dedicated to analyzing the spread of the virus, trends in virus containment, the impact of the virus and, of course, the potential impact of weather on the virus.
AccuWeather’s new ”AccuWeather COVID-19 Report” will be :30 and :60 second reports updated two or three times per day. Structured similar to brief newscasts, these updates will be anchored by a rotating staff of AccuWeather’s expert radio broadcasters and will feature content from AccuWeather’s daily online briefing, which can be found here. The pieces will also be paired with national weather forecasts that tie into coronavirus-related news segments anchored by AccuWeather meteorologist Dean Devore who is heard on a regular basis on radio stations in New York, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, St. Louis and elsewhere nationwide.
Dean Devore will also anchor the weekly podcast series that AccuWeather will make available in order to provide a deeper dive into the latest coronavirus developments and data. These podcasts come under the umbrella of AccuWeather’s already popular podcasts known as “Everything Under the Sun,” which have traditionally featured in-depth analyses of current events wrapped around weather stories as they relate to history, science and more. By popular demand, AccuWeather’s podcast has transitioned to a serial podcast with real stories examining relevant weather news, giving listeners more of the content they want to hear. The podcasts average 20 to 30 minutes in length per week.
The announcement of these expanded audio offerings comes jointly from Ken Prehl, AccuWeather’s Director, Audio/Podcast Services, and Stefan Jones, Senior VP/Content & Affiliation for USRN, at the company’s headquarters in New York. Prehl commented, ”Nothing in recent memory has dominated the national discourse the way the coronavirus has and the demand for the latest breaking news and information, combined with homebound, self-isolating audiences is insatiable. All of us at AccuWeather are proud that we can lean on the rich and diverse experience and information-gathering talents of our meteorologists, news and content teams to meet that demand and serve the public interest.”
- Pandora Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with Launch of “Soy Latino,” a New Station with Four Hand-Curated Modes
- Russell Neal of Singing Group High-Five Charged with Murder of Fitness Model Wife (video)
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Former NBA Player, Al Harrington Makes Power Move in Cannabis Industry
- Oak View Group Expands Team at Climate Pledge Arena with Top Industry Talent
- Beatport and Twitch Announce Exclusive Live Streaming Music Programming Partnership
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Westwood One and Imperative Entertainment’s Podcast Division Launch the Red Note And La Nota Roja