Rapper 50 Cent is speaking out months later on the circumstances leading up to the fire of his Long Island home, which was destroyed by the blaze, and is hinting at his son’s mother being involved.
During an upcoming interview with Access Hollywood”˜s TV One Access , the G-Unit frontman revealed his home went up in flames, just days after his ex-girlfriend Shaniqua Tompkins was ordered to leave the residence.
“The courts told her she had to leave,” 50 Cent told TV One Access correspondent Quddus. “It’s kind of more like, “˜If I can’t have you, you can’t have it.'” When asked if Tompkins set the fire in response to the order, the rapper declined to specifically name the single mother and deliberately became vague.
“Well, I don’t want to say that”¦ don’t try to make me say something I don’t want to say,” 50 Cent stated. “But the circumstances to it might seem that way.”
The TV One Access interview is the latest development in the aftermath of the home’s destruction, which occurred in May.
According to reports, Tompkins and 50 Cent’s son, Marquise, were among the six people taken to a hospital and later released, after suffering smoke inhalation following the incident.
In a lawsuit filed earlier this year against the rapper, Tompkins claimed the rap star had promised her a house more than a decade ago. A war of words resulted from the suit as Tompkins’ lawyer Paul Catsand onis alluded to an “extremely dangerous incident” between “the parties in question” in his Manhattan office, just days before the fire. Catsand onis further noted that 50 Cent signed an agreement that would give Tompkins half of all his earnings as a Hip-Hop superstar, reports AllHipHop.com.
“Everything that’s his is hers, everything that’s hers is his. He memorialized in an e-mail that he intended to give her the house,” the attorney told the Associated Press . TV One Access’ interview with 50 Cent is scheduled to air in its entirety at 7 p.m. on January 4.