In front of a live audience on the New Fronts stage at Lincoln Center, Live Nation Entertainment Chief Executive Officer Michael Rapino and Yahoo! Chief Marketing Officer Kathy Savitt unveiled the Live Nation Channel on Yahoo.
“The Live Nation Channel on Yahoo will build on Live Nation’s leading live music platform of 23,000 annual concerts, including the world’s largest festival portfolio. With Yahoo, we will leverage our scale to establish a media platform unlike any that exists today,” said Rapino. “Launching this summer, this channel will offer fans a new destination where they can watch their favorite artists and also discover new ones.”
“This endeavor could only be created by Yahoo and Live Nation,” said Savitt. “The Live Nation Channel on Yahoo will only become a reality because of the combined power of Yahoo’s reach of 800 million users and Live Nation’s, unrivaled position in the concert industry. This is the most ambitious live concert network ever undertaken, and Live Nation is the only partner with whom we could achieve this.”
Live Nation’s dedicated online channel creates a new paradigm in the music industry for artists, fans and advertisers through unprecedented scale and scope. While some festivals and individual concerts have been streamed, no previous effort compares to one live concert every day, 365 days a year. In addition to the daily live concert, fans will have access to behind the scenes footage, interviews with select artists and a VOD live concert library.
The Live Nation Channel on Yahoo provides advertisers with a new global platform. Yahoo and Live Nation are collaborating to create and sell corporate partnerships, which will enhance the fan experience. Kellogg’s is the first to confirm their strategic partnership with the new channel.
The next dimension in music discovery, the Live Nation Channel on Yahoo is scheduled to launch in the summer of 2014.
- Caught On Camera: Grandma Tricks Scammer Into Being Arrested
- Watch Man Prepare Beef Tongues for Dinner (video)
- Yikes! Is This Jasmine Guy?
- Mary Wilson -The Motown Anthology Available March 4
- Radio Milwaukee Names New General Manager
- Fantasia States a Lot of Stars are Actually Broke and How She Lost Everything Twice (video)
- MALLORY MERK DROPS DREAMY, INSIGHTFUL GEM “EVOL”
- Steve Harvey reacts to Kenan Thompson Imitating him Admits he can’t read well but says Kenan needs to lose weight (video)
- Theo Battaglia Promoted to Executive Vice President/Head of Creative at 10K Projects
- CBS Sports Radio’s SUPER BOWL Coverage is Second to None