Radio Facts: Radio Facts:
Viacom Inc. promoted Martha Riley to Senior Vice President, Music Sales, with sales responsibility for the company's Music and Logo Group, which includes MTV, MTV2, mtvU, VH1, VH1 Classic, Palladia and Logo. Based in New York, Riley will report directly to Jeff Lucas, Head of Sales for Music and Entertainment at Viacom.
In her new role, Riley will provide the strategic connection between Viacom's Music and Entertainment Ad Sales group and the Music and Logo Group brands it supports. She will work closely with channel leadership to drive ad sales strategy and products that are consistent with each brand, its content and its overall goals. Riley will foster collaboration among Ad Sales, Integrated Marketing, Programming, Scheduling and Digital to develop marketing solutions that leverage the company's creative and cross-platform capabilities in full to achieve client objectives.
“Our Ad Sales team and its marketing solutions are at their best when they're fully aligned with the creative content of our brands across every screen,” said Lucas. “Martha is a big picture, innovative thinker who knows how to get the most out of our content for our clients in a way that resonates with our audiences.”
Riley is a twenty-year veteran of Viacom, and during that time she has worked extensively with the company's Music and Logo Group brands. Most recently, she served as Vice President of Sales for the Music Group, with responsibility for New York-based ad sales across MTV, MTV2, mtvU, VH1 and Logo. Earlier, Riley was Director of Sales for MTV2. She joined Viacom as a Sales Planner in 1993.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time