Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Viacom Inc.today announced the promotion of Karim Mawji to the newly created position of Senior Vice President of Digital Platform for its Music & Entertainment Ad Sales group. Most recently, he served as Vice President of Digital Ad Sales for the Nickelodeon Group. Based in Los Angeles, Mawji will report directly to Jeff Lucas, Head of Sales for Music and Entertainment at Viacom.
In his new role, Mawji will provide the critical strategic connection between Viacom‘s Music and Entertainment Ad Sales group and the digital portfolio it supports, which includes the web, app, mobile and social properties of CMT, COMEDY CENTRAL, MTV, MTV2, mtvU, SPIKE, TV Land, VH1, VH1 Classic and Palladia. Mawji will work closely with digital leadership to drive sales strategy that aligns with digital product and editorial initiatives at each brand. Viacom‘s U.S. web portfolio attracted 72.4 million unique visitors in May* and the company's brands are among the most social in entertainment.
“The power of Viacom‘s portfolio increasingly extends further and further beyond the TV screen, across the our rich interactive experiences on the web, mobile and apps, and our millions of fans and followers on social,” said Lucas. “Karim will run point on ensuring that our client solutions draw on our digital scale, product development, and targeting capabilities to make strong connections with consumers.”
Mawji will foster collaboration among Ad Sales, Integrated Marketing, Digital – as well as specialized units including Viacom‘s Digital Fusion ad product R&D team and its Data Management Platform – to leverage the company's digital capabilities and scale for clients. He'll also work to develop and leverage the company's strategic sales alliances with Twitter, zeebox and other partners.
Mawji is a Viacom veteran with extensive experience in sales and digital media. Most recently, he served as Vice President of Digital Ad Sales for Viacom‘s Nickelodeon Group, where he oversaw Studio, Gaming and other West Coast client relationships. He joined Nickelodeon in 2001 as an Account Executive. Mawji has also held business development roles at Phase2Media and NetZero, as well as sales positions at Turner Broadcasting and espn.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time