Radio Facts: Rolling Stone ran an excerpt from R Kelly's upcoming autobiography, “Soulacoaster: The Diary of Me,” and in the chapter titled “Yo Pac! Yo Biggie!” the singer/songwriter/producer expresses his sincere respect and admiration for the two slain rappers.
The Pied Piper recalls a 1996 meeting with “˜Pac in front of a hotel frequented by rappers and other music industry types. He says they planned to release a collaborative album at that meeting, but the idea came to a tragic end after Shakur was murdered later that year.
“Come September, and it looked like my schedule was opening up just before the holidays. I set up a meeting with Pac for us to plot our strategy, get firm dates and make the musical bomb that we both know would explode all around the world,” Kelly wrote. “But another bomb exploded that no one saw coming.”
We all wonder what could have been…
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Chris Botti Returns to Charlotte To Headline Queen City Jazz Fest
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Host Opportunity for Quiet Storm Type Syndicated Show