Radio Facts: Radio Facts: VuHaus is proud to announce the addition of opbmusic—the musical arm of Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB)—as a participating station in the VuHaus network. opbmusic will join public radio stations WFUV in New York City, KCRW in Los Angeles, KEXP in Seattle, WXPN in Philadelphia, KUTX in Austin, KTBG The Bridge in Kansas City and KXT in Dallas.
The VuHaus network of stations are the country’s leading engines for music discovery, constantly finding and handpicking artists and songs that will be household names soon. The contributing stations film local, emerging and established artists playing live music in their studios and on location, and these videos are then curated on the VuHaus mobile app and website.
“We’re pleased to become a partner with VuHaus, one of the most exciting new developments in public media,” comments opbmusic Program Director Dave Christensen. “Portland has a thriving music community and has become a place that grows emerging talent – which we can share with more fans through VuHaus.”
Each VuHaus station also curates their own local channel on the VuHaus site, giving fans a unique window into the country’s most vibrant music scenes. opbmusic’s Portland page features beautifully shot performances from unique locations around the Portland area including: Josh Ritter “Joy to You Baby” recorded at the Crystal Ballroom, Calexico “Bullets and Rocks” recorded at the Edgefield Winery and Alela Diane’s “Colorado Blue” recorded in Portland's Old Church.
“At VuHaus, our mission is to introduce our audience to new and emerging artists, and there is no one better than opbmusic to uncover the very best of Portland’s music scene,” comments VuHaus President, Erik Langner.
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- UNSUNG REVIEW Entire Episode: The Sylvers (video)
- Michigan Governor appoints Chapman as Commissioner for MCOLES