NYMRAD’S NEXTRADIO EVENT SHOWCASES THE POWER OF FM RADIO ON MOBILE PHONES —
New York, NY (September 27, 2013) – New York Market Radio (NYMRAD) unveiled NextRadio, the industry initiative to make FM broadcast radio available on mobile phones via a pre-loaded, downloadable app. The event took place yesterday during Advertising Week at the Times Center in New York City. The game-changing FM radio mobile platform eliminates the costly data-usage fees associated with mobile streaming and features: a buy-button for purchases and coupons, hyper-local geo-targeting advertising opportunities, two-way listener interactive elements, and more.
One of the most talked about events at this year’s Advertising Week, the NextRadio panel was moderated by David Pogue, Technology Columnist at theNew York Times, and included: David Owens, Vice President, Product, Sprint Corporation; Paul Brenner, Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Emmis Communications; Joel Klaiman, Executive Vice President & General Manager, Columbia Records; and Joe Riccitelli, Executive Vice President & General Manager, RCA Records.
A ground-breaking arrangement with Sprint led by Jeff Smulyan of Emmis Communications marks the first time a U.S. wireless carrier is making FM broadcast radio accessible on a broad array of its devices.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time