Radio Facts: WWRL 1600AM Å“Heart 2 Heart Town Hall Forum on Health
WWRL 1600AM Radio will host a lively town hall meeting and exchange of ideas on Saturday, April 25, 2009. The forum will be held at the NYC College of Technology, Klitgord Auditorium, 285 Jay Street in Brooklyn, and will be moderated by two prominent radio/TV personalities, Errol Louis, WWRL Morning Show Host and NY Daily News Columnist, CNN contributor and Ed Schultz, Nationally Syndicated WWRL Afternoon Personality and MSNBC Weekday Host. This town hall forum will provide the audience a unique opportunity to discuss health with a cross section of politicians and health experts from New York City, New York State and nationally. Those confirmed include Congressman Ed Towns, Congressman Anthony Weiner, Congresswoman Yvette Clarke, NYS Senator Thomas Duane, NYC Councilman John Liu, Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz and Deputy Brooklyn Borough President Yvonne Graham, C. Virginia Fields, President National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Rev. Al Sharpton, President National Action Network and Carl Hum, President of The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce.
WWRL has long been a leader in sharing health information to its diverse listening audience. Jerry Hickey, InVite Health Pharmacist and Nutritionist heard daily on WWRL will lead a discussion on integrative health along with experts Dr. Thomas Bolte and Dr. Patricia Pimentel Selassie. General Manager Adriane Gaines says Å“Health programming and discussion has always been important to WWRL and its culturally diverse audience. With healthcare taking center stage on the national front, we felt it was particularly important now to provide a forum for the community to share their views. This town hall event will certainly make sure their voices are heard by our local, state and national elected officials and policy makers. Event sponsors include The Aloe Man, Inc., AXA Advisors, LLC, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Healthfirst, InVite Health and The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS.
The Heart 2 Heart Town Hall Forum will take place from 1 ” 4PM with doors opening at 12Noon for a health expo that will include information on healthcare options and products as well as entertainment provided by Brooklyn based Jazz/Soul group Soul Cycle. For more information call 212-631-0800 or log onto the WWRL website, www.wwrl1600.com.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- DL Hughley Stands by Biden and Harris While Highlighting Ice Cube’s Cynicism
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Daddy Yankee, Anuel Aa And Kendo Kaponi Reup International Smash “DON DON” With Remix Featuring Sisqó
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time