Myisha Brooks has been named Vice President of Creative Relations and Marketing for Motown Records, it was announced today by company president, Ethiopia Habtemariam, to whom Brooks will report. In this newly created position, Brooks’ responsibilities will encompass marketing, artist development and public relations, as she facilitates strategic initiatives for recently signed artists in addition to constructing, initiating, and supervising broad-range media campaigns for the label’s diverse and dynamic artist roster. Brooks will be based in Hollywood, California at the iconic Capitol Records Tower.
Brooks brings years of experience to her new position. Prior to joining Motown, she served as Vice President of Publicity at Republic Records where she designed and executed successful public relations campaigns across print, television and the internet for a diverse array of high-profile artists including Kelly Rowland, The Weeknd, Lorde, PSY, Jessie J, Angel Haze, Amy Winehouse, Nas & Damian Marley, Phantogram, James Blake, Kid Cudi, Nelly, and more.
About her new role, Brooks commented, “I am absolutely ecstatic to join Ethiopia’s talented all-star team. Ethiopia has proven to be one of the most respected, well-versed, forward-thinking executives in music today, and I am enthusiastic to aid the execution of her vision for the talented artists under the legendary Motown Records brand.”
Habtemariam adds, “Myisha’s diverse experience and impressive work ethic are inspiring, and her contributions to our company’s marketing, public relations and artist development will undoubtedly prove integral to our company and our artists. Myisha is a very welcome addition to the Motown Records team.”
After graduating from California State University Long Beach with a B.A. in Electronic Theater Arts and Minor in Speech Communication, Brooks began her career as an intern at Arista Records. She was quickly promoted to executive assistant and eventually Coordinator of West Coast Publicity. While at Arista, she worked with CeeLo Green, T.I., Outkast, The Neptunes, Kelis, Usher, and more. In 2008, she served as a marketing/PR associate at Warner Bros. Records, working with Wiz Khalifa, E-40, and Lil’ Jon. Immediately prior to her position at Republic Records, she was a Senior Account Executive at Simone Smalls PR, handling media for the likes of Usher, Grammy Award-nominated songwriter Claude Kelly, and The View co-host and actress Sherri Shepherd.
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show