Former member of the Fugees, Lauryn Hill will spend three months in jail for failing to pay income tax on about $1.8 million in earnings. Lauryn Hill pleaded guilty last year to three counts of tax evasion. She was sentenced on Monday.Hill tried to explain to the judge that she had always meant to eventually pay the taxes but was unable to during a period of time when she dropped out of the music business.Lauryn Hill's attorney said she paid more than $970,000 to satisfy the state and federal tax liabilities. TMZ also reported that the judge in the case told Hill that after her release she would spend another three months under house arrest followed by 9 months of supervised release.
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Atlanta Pastor Stabbed To Death By A Man She Was Mentoring
- Christian Cooper, Black Man Harassed in Central Park for Birdwatching, Gets New TV Show
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 2 Dead, 8 Injured During Chicago Mass Shooting Near Loyola University
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- Top 10 BEST Black Male Groups From the 90s