Matt Morris Promoted to Senior Vice President of A&R
at Interscope Geffen A&M
Interscope Geffen A&M has announced the promotion of Matt Morris to the position of Senior Vice President of A&R at the label. Morris will continue to sign and develop artists for the label as well as oversee the company’s A&R Research department.
Morris is credited with signing global breakout star Olivia Rodrigo to Geffen Records along with his colleagues Executive Vice President, Co-Head A&R, Sam Riback and fellow A&R, Emerson Redd. He also was instrumental in bringing Kali Uchis to Interscope in 2017. The singer recently had a Platinum Number One Latin single with “telepatía” from her Spanish language album Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios). Morris works closely with both artists.
“Matt has been a vital part of the Interscope family for a decade now and has helped to build our A&R Research department into one of the best in the industry,” said Riback. “Beyond that, Matt has become a truly well-rounded A&R exec, as adept at identifying new artists as he is signing them and guiding them through the recording process. He is very deserving of this expanded role at the company.”
Morris, who grew up in West Virginia, started in music as a blogger when he was in college, joined Interscope’s A&R department as an intern in 2011. He went on to serve as a digital marketing manager for several years before returning to A&R in 2015.
“I’ve grown so much as a person and executive over the past decade at Interscope,” Morris said. “I’m really grateful for John Janick and Sam’s guidance over the years and their continued support. We share a common vision of identifying generational artists who go against the grain and shape culture. My goal has always been to help artists at the highest level, and to get to do that at the most forward-thinking record label in the world is an honor. I couldn’t be more excited for this next step.”
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Atlantic Records Names Lanre Gaba New Co-President, Black Music
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- The Sad Story of Robert Johnson
- Sony Music Publishing Appoints New VP Creative